Jarrod Bleijie was elected to the Queensland State Parliament for the electorate of Kawana on the Sunshine Coast in March 2009, re-elected in March 2012 and January 2015. He was appointed to the Shadow Cabinet in December 2010, as Shadow Attorney-General and Shadow Minister for Corrective Services and as Queensland’s Attorney-General and Minister for Justice between March 2012 and February 2015.
Prior to being elected to Parliament, Jarrod practised law in a respected Sunshine Coast firm, mainly in the areas of business, corporate, body corporate as well as property law.
He has been a member of the Parliament’s Legal Affairs, Police, Corrective Services and Emergency Services Committee and was previously also a member of the Law, Justice and Safety Committee, and the Legal, Constitutional and Administrative Review Committee.
Jarrod is involved in a large number of Sunshine Coast organisations. He is a Rotarian, a Lion, a former Board Director of Mercy Ships Australia and Patron of Sunshine Coast Youth Partnership Inc. He is also the Patron of Kawana Soccer Club, Patron of Kawana Waters Surf Lifesaving Club, Patron of the Amputee Support Association Sunshine Coast Inc and Patron of The Caloundra Chorale.
A Justice of the Peace (Qualified) in Queensland, Jarrod studied law through Queensland University of Technology, completing his Articles of Clerkship on the Sunshine Coast.
Jarrod lives in the Kawana Electorate with his wife and three children.
• Mercy Ships Australia – Former Director
• Kawana Waters Surf Lifesaving Club – Patron
• Kawana Soccer Club – Patron
• Amputee Support Association Sunshine Coast Inc – Patron
• Chancellor Park Soccer Club – Patron
• Kawana Waters Uniting Church – Member
• The Caloundra Chorale – Patron
• Justice of the Peace Qualified
• Kawana Chamber of Commerce and Industry – Member
• Caloundra Chamber of Commerce and Industry – Member
• Co-hosted Leukaemia Foundations Shave for a Cure in the electorate
• Sunshine Coast Youth Partnership – Member