Online Office

Constituent Services


Welcome to my electorate office online.  I have attached information on regular items of request from constituents, such as letters of support for grants, photocopying services, enrolling to vote and where I am in the electorate. The Online Office contains information on many of the services that are available to residents of the Kawana electorate. For more information on any of the items listed, please contact me by email: or (07) 5406 3100.

Letters of Support

I am happy to provide letters of support to not-for-profit organisations who are applying for government funding.   Information that we require includes the purpose of the grant, organisational particulars and benefits which the organisation and the wider community will gain from the funding. A letter of support request form can be downloaded from the link below or hard copies are available from the Kawana electorate office.  These can then be returned in person, via email, post or facsimile.  The applications take approximately 1-2 weeks to process.

pdf-downloadDownload Form



Congratulatory Messages

If someone you know is celebrating a birthday or wedding anniversary milestone, they may be entitled to receive a congratulatory messages from me as well as state and national dignatories.


For 90 years, letters will be sent from:
•Premier of Queensland
•Prime Minister of Australia

For 100 years, 105 or 110, letters will be sent from:
•Her Majesty The Queen
•Governor-General of Australia
•Prime Minister of Australia
•Governor of Queensland
•Premier of Queensland


For 50 years (Golden), letters will be sent from:
•Prime Minister of Australia
•Governor of Queensland
•Premier of Queensland

For 60, 65 or 70 years (Diamond), letters will be sent from:
•Her Majesty The Queen
•Governor-General of Australia
•Prime Minister of Australia
•Governor of Queensland
•Premier of Queensland

Request a Letter

To request a congratulatory letter, the original copy of either a birth or marriage certificate must be cited by my electorate office staff, at which time a copy will be taken and included with the application.

To download an application form, please click the link below:

Application Form

Please allow up from 4-6 weeks for these to be processed, particularly for letters being requested from the Governor-General of Australia of Her Majesty The Queen.


Seniors Cards

If you are 60 years or older, you may be eligible for a Seniors Card or Seniors Business Card.  These cards provide access to government concessions and business discounts. Applications forms are available in hard copy from the Kawana electorate office or by downloading the form below. You can also apply online, or call 13 QGOV (13 74 68) to complete your application over the phone. For more information on seniors discounts and entitlements, you can visit the Department of Communities by clicking on the link provided below:

Seniors Card Application Form
Register Online
Department of Communities website


Parliamentary Petitions and E-petitions

Petitioning is a traditional way for residents to make a request, directly to the Parliament. A petition is a formal request signed by at least one person and placed before the Parliament, with the object of persuading the Parliament to take a particular course of action. For example, the petition may request the alteration of a particular law or the re-consideration of an administrative decision.  Standing Orders of the Legislative Assembly provide for two types of petitions:

paper petitions; and e-petitions.

Information is available on each type of petition, simply by clicking on the names above.

To complete either of these petitions, please see the links below. You can have a paper petition and a e-petition with the same wording on the same topic. E-petitions have a specific closing date though, whereas paper petitions do not.

Paper Petition Blank Template
E-petition Request Form

If you require any assistance with either of these, including the wording, please let me know.



Enrol to Vote

Are you enrolled to vote?

You can check your enrolment details by clicking on the link below:

Check your enrolment

If you are not enrolled, you can also enrol to vote by completing the following application form:

Enrol to vote

It is an easy 3 step process, but an important one to ensure that you exercise your democratic rights. To check any other details such as which electorate you reside in, you can click on the following sites:

Electoral Commission of Queensland
Australian Electoral Commission

Your enrolment should contain which Local Government division you are enrolled in, which State Electorate and also which Federal Electorate. An example of this maybe:

Local Government: Division 6
State Government: Kawana
Federal Government: Fisher

For information on the three levels of Government in Australia, click the link below:

Three Levels of Government in Australia


Justice of the Peace or
Commissioners for Declarations Applications

Applications for admission as a Justice of the Peace or a Commissioner for Declarations require nomination by myself as your State Member of Parliament.

Forms are either available by downloading the links below, or contacting my office. Once they are completed, your application will be forwarded to the Registrar of the Justice of the Peace Branch. Processing usually takes up to 6 weeks to complete.

Forms to Download:

Download Commissioner for Declarations Application Form
Download Justice of the Peace Application Form
Download Commissioner for Declarations Transfer Form
Download Justice of the Peace Upgrade Form
Download Commissioner for Declarations Reference Form
Download Justice of the Peace Reference Form

Further information on this process can be obtained by clicking the link below to the Department of Justice website:

Department of Justice website (Justices of the Peace)



Queensland Flags

The State Government provides complimentary Queensland flags to schools and not-for-profit organisations. Please note: Australian flags are ordered through your Federal Member.

Contact my office on (07) 5478 1189 or email: if you would like us to request a Queensland flag, on your behalf.


Request a School or Community Group
Tour of the Queensland Parliament

Parliament House is located at the corner of George and Alice Streets and is within easy walking distance of the Brisbane CBD. Entry is via the Parliament House Annexe in Alice Street.

Schools or community groups may take a tour of Parliament House, which is located in  Alice Street, Brisbane. The maximum tour group size is 30. General public tours are available on weekdays, except public holidays. Bookings are not necessary. Tours operate on non-sitting days and are available, starting on the hour, from 9:00am until 4:00pm. On sitting days, tours operate at 10:00am and 2:00pm.

For special group tours, bookings are essential. You can book a tour directly from Parliament, by calling (07) 3406 7562.

If you would like me to arrange the tour for you, or if you would like me to take you on the tour, please contact me by email: or (07) 5406 3100. I would be only to happy to oblige.

Getting There

Public Transport – You can catch a bus to Parliament House.

Information about Brisbane public transport is available by calling Translink on 13 12 30 or visiting their website at

You can also catch a ferry to Parliament House. A CityCat ferry terminal, QUT Gardens Point, is located at the rear of the precinct.

Free City Loop Bus – The Loop is a free council bus service which circles the CBD. The Loop stops at several destinations near the parliamentary precinct.

Car Parking – There are also numerous public car parking stations within the CBD and metered street parking is available in surrounding streets.


Further information can be obtained from the Queensland Parliament website, by clicking the link below:

Queensland Parliament website


Borrow my marquee for a community event

I have a 3×3 pop-up marquee which is branded with my name and is in LNP colours (political advertising). I am offering to loan it to not-for-profit organisations within the Electorate, that may wish to use it to assist with an event that is being organised. If you would like to request the use of my marquee, please contact my office on (07) 5406 3100.